Join a Great Start Parent Coalition TODAY!
As a parent you are your child's first and most important teacher. Parents provide "real world" perspective on how programs really work for both their children and for themselves. Their input is based on experience. Therefore, the Great Start initiative involves the formation of a Parent Coalition, you become an advocate for your child and all children in your community. Parents can participate in a variety of ways. A few examples include: attending monthly meetings, receiving email updates, or attending professional and personal development trainings.
The purpose of the coalition is to:
- Increase parent participation in early childhood planning and decision-making.
- Serve as a "voice" for parents in our community.
- Create a supportive network of friends.
- Build public support for early childhood investment.
- Lend support to the Great Start Collaborative efforts.
If you are interested in joining one of our Parent Coalitions please contact:
Laurie Mold Or Leann Espinoza
Delta County Parent Liaison Schoolcraft County Parent Liaison
Delta-Schoolcraft Great Start Delta-Schoolcraft Great Start
(906) 786-9300 ext.111 (906) 286-3168